Can Anyone Spare $99,000?

Marshall and I went to northeastern Alabama today to look at some property that we found online. The photos of the property looked so nice, and it was what we had been looking for. As I’m sure you can imagine, when we got to the property, we were disappointed to see that it was mostly all up a little ridge, with more rocks than you could ever imagine. I mean, there was hardly any dirt or grass because there was so many rocks.

We’ve been looking for a few acres. We’d I’d really like to have a small farm, you know, chickens, a couple of pigs, a mule, a cow or two, and maybe even a goat. I think we’ve decided to stop looking for the time being because a) we REALLY can’t afford any property right now (but it’s fun to look), and b) we still owe on our house for five more years or so. AND we’ve got a wedding to pay for. Any ol’ way…

We DID run across that property you see there in the photo. It has one of the prettiest views I think I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s only $99,000 for 14 acres, so if anyone has an extra $99,000 that you’re just aching to spend, I DO have a birthday coming up.

Just sayin’…


Oh, and guess what? Are you sitting down?  We heard from Camping World today and the estimate on repairing the roof damage on our camper is…

(You’re sitting down, right?)


Oh, if you could’ve seen my face when the service man told me the news.

That’s WAY more than we payed for the camper!

Are they insane?!

So, now we have to wait to see what the insurance company is going to do, and we imagine that they will total it out (which is what Camping World said they’d probably do). We know there’s no way in the world that they will give us almost $9,000 to fix the camper, but we’re hoping they offer a good price.

Here’s the thing: the camper is in fantastic shape. It’s a ’97 and I’m telling you, whoever owned it before us took amazing care of it. Sure, the roof leaked and needs repairs, but still — and it’s just the back portion of the roof, not even the whole thing.

:(  I’m really very sad about it.  I don’t know what we will do. If we let them total it out, that means we lose the camper (and it is SO silly to total it when the rest of the camper is awesome). But if we don’t let them total it out, there’s no way we can come up with almost 9K to repair it. Heck, we could buy a new (to us) camper for that, you know?

Oh well…we’ll just have to see how it goes.

Hope your day was a good one.

Posted in Me

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s