Brooke never took these socks with her so I wore them the other day and they felt SO wonderful. I used to wear toe socks all the time in the winter but haven’t worn in any years. I don’t know why. I love them. I think I’ll ask Santa for some in my stocking. :)
Remember how I was telling you the other day that I was disgusted with the human race as a whole? Here’s yet another absolutely disgusting reason why: Japanese fleet heads off to hunt for humpbacks. :( Of course, I guess I could be labeled a hypocrite: I eat beef, chicken, & pork. But they aren’t just killing the whales for meat. They’re killing them for research, and killing a lot of them, too. :( I hate hearing about stuff like this, it makes me so very sad.
Cain is out of school this week for the Thanksgiving holiday so he and I are going to work really hard in the yard tomorrow. I can’t wait either. My yard is horrible. We usually keep it nice and neat but we’ve been so busy this past month that we’ve let it go. The leaves are taking over so I’ll tackle them while Cain rides the lawn mower and takes care of the backyard.
Soooo, today I went and got groceries for Thanksgiving dinner. I shopped at Wal-Mart. I bought three small things that weren’t food items. Want to know how much I spent? Have a look-see:
ONE HUNDRED FIFTY SEVEN DOLLARS AND FORTY SIX CENTS FOR FOOD! I almost passed out when she gave me my total. Yes, I know it’s Thanksgiving and yes I know you buy more, but I probably don’t buy that many groceries in a whole month! My turkey was $23.25 (for a 21 lb. Butterball turkey). I spent $16.29 on a ham. 18 eggs cost me $2.72. It’s just nutty, I tell you. Of course, I have enough to feed an army…. :) And Brooke—Brooke could eat the whole turkey by herself so none of it will be wasted, that’s for sure.
Today I worked in my kitchen for the majority of the day (after I got home from running all my errands). My counters and became a catch-all for just about everything. I cleaned everything off of them and moved my microwave to another location. I like it better already. :) I’m still not finished but I’ll tackle it in the morning and get it done.
My SIL sent this to me. Y’all play along:
Two Names You go by:
Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
1. Flannel pajamas
2. Anniversary band
Two Things You Would Want in a Relationship:
Two of Your Favorite Things to Do:
1. Take pictures
Two Things You Want Very Badly At The Moment:
1. A Mac book
2. My dining room and kitchen floors to be tiled.
Two pets you had/have:
1. Hopper (JRT mix)
2. Neak Neak (our oldest calico cat)
Two people who will fill this out:
Two things you did last night:
1. Watched “Deck the Halls”
2. Fell asleep on the couch.
Two things you ate today:
1. Peaches & Cream oatmeal
2. Leftover baked chicken (yummy!)
Two people you Last Talked To:
1. My hubby.
Two Things You’re Doing Tomorrow:
1. Cleaning the house/rearranging furniture to prepare for the tree being put up.
2. Watching the door for Brooke’s arrival. :)
Two longest car rides:
1. Kansas City, Kansas to Dublin, Georgia.
2. Hot Springs, Arkansas to LaFayette, Georgia.
Two Favorite Holidays:
Two Favorite Beverages:
1. Diet Coke
2. Diet Dr. Pepper
Person no longer alive who you’d like to talk to:
1. My maternal grandmother.
2. My paternal grandmother.
Two favorite things in life:
1. Being at HOME with my family.
2. Taking photos.
Two Nicknames you’ve been given:
1. My Daddy calls me “Squirt”.
2. Brooke calls me “Crazy Lady.” (Yes, really)
Two of your best memories:
1. Getting married and then the birth of my two angels.
2. My grandmother recognizing me and telling me she loved me only hours before she died.
Two favorite colors:
Two favorite people from the Bible- after Jesus:
1. Mary–as a mother, what she went through…blows me away!
Two things you’d go back and change if you could:
1. Not getting my body back in shape after I gave birth to Brooke. It all went down hill from there.
2. Not getting my college degree.