Happy Halloween! I thought this was appropriately scary. It’s supposed to be Happy of the Seven Dwarfs at a wax museum Marshall and I visited in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Had I been a kid and saw this, I’d have probably screamed and ran.
Want to see something even more scary than that? Have you heard about Nicole Kidman’s new movie, The Golden Compass? It appears that the book the movie was based on is by atheist Philip Pullman. He stated in the Sydney Morning Herald: “My books are about killing God.” That makes me sick. Just think of all of the people that will go see the movie and not really realize what the author is all about. Disgusting… Here’s the link for the full story on snopes.com: http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp.
Did I ever tell y’all about the Glade Plug-in Light Show air freshener that I bought? It makes all kinds of pretty lights on your ceiling, just very fun to watch. I left it on one night as Marshall and I were falling asleep and, we’re assuming, that it was the cause of the horrible nightmares we both had that night. Luckily, Marshall woke me up from a really bad one and told me to turn it off. We both slept peacefully after that. That was the only thing that had changed that night. Isn’t that so odd? Wonder what the psychedelic colors had to do with that? Anyway, at least the smells coming out of it are divine. :) Right now I have an apple cinnamon scent going and it makes my bedroom smell so wonderful. Just thought I’d share that…. :)
So night before last I bought Andrea Bocelli’s “Best Of Andrea Bocelli” that was just released and it’s beautiful. Sure, I don’t understand the words that are coming out of his mouth in most of the songs, but he sounds like an angel. I bought the CD on itunes for a mere $7.99 for 17 songs. No sales tax or anything. I love itunes. :)
I’ve been sitting out on my back porch for most of the morning, soaking in a bit of sunshine. I’m tired today but only because I didn’t sleep worth a flip last night. I love this back porch though. I wish I had a very comfortable lounge chair because I could easily nap.
I’m enjoying my week of being totally alone (except for at night, of course, when my Toukie is here). For whatever reason I feel burned out from….everything…and I just need this time to myself. I realize how lucky I am and feel guilty about it all at the same time. I don’t have to work. I can fill my days with whatever I choose. I am so blessed. I don’t know what’s going on with me. I’m not sad or upset in any fashion, I just want to be alone. Unless, of course, I could be with Marshall. I really wish he were home. Thankfully he’s coming home tomorrow. :) I miss him a whole lot. I feel like we haven’t got to talk in ages. He was home for the weekend but we had Cain’s ballgame, then I helped with a wedding, and then Sunday we both just seemed to want to rest, which we did. Sometimes I just don’t think I’ll have enough time on this earth to be with him.
Halloween Meme just for you:
1. What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
The Shining, without question. I had also read the book though, and I was like 9 or 10 when I saw it. I still can’t watch it all the way through. I HATE the little girls in the hallway.
2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood?
The first Halloween that I remember was when I was about 4 or 5 and I had a kick-butt clown costume. I’ll have to find the picture. I was adorable. :)
3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween?
I‘d like to have one of those huge dresses from the Victorian era, with a teeny tiny waist to fit in it!
4. When was the last time you went Trick or Treating?
I was about 12 I think and when I knocked on one door the person that opened it was the most popular boy in our school. I was horrified and that was my last year. :)
5. What’s your favorite Halloween Candy?
6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had.
I had a dream that a man was standing over my bed right beside me; just a shadowy figure, you know? What made it most scary was that it was one of those dreams where you think you’re awake–you’re just SURE of it, but when you try to scream, you can’t? That dream was the pits. :(
7. What is your Supernatural Fear?
I’m pretty sure I believe in ghosts. Call me crazy if you want, but ask me about the house I grew up in one day.
8. What is your Creepy-Crawly Fear?
I’m not really afraid of creepy-crawlies, and I don’t mind spiders at all, however, I do NOT like granddaddy longlegs. *shivers*
9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go bump in the night.
It was just a couple of months ago. First thing I do in the morning is make my bed up. I can’t stand to have an unmade bed, it makes me feel like the whole house is dirty. And I make it up perfectly too. Well, Marshall and I left to go run some errands and Cain was at school. Well, when we got back to the house I went to change into my “junk” clothes so I could do my chores, and when I went in the bedroom my bed had a perfect imprint of where someone had been laying. The covers were messed up from the pillows to the foot of the bed, just on one side, as if you had been laying there napping. I called Marshall in there and we did a quick search of the house. It was empy. It didn’t scare me though, it just befuddled me. Weird huh?
10. What is your favorite work of horror fiction? The Shining.
11. What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy? I don’t read science fiction/fantasty.
12. Who is your favorite monster? Freddy Krueger of recent times, but my favorite “oldie” is Dracula. :)
13. Freddy versus Jason? Well Jason would probably win, but I’d still have to vote for Freddy.
14. Ghosts or goblins? Ghosts
15. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight? Um, no. No way, no how. Unless you count the house I grew up in, in which case, I already did. ;)
11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O’Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins? Well, I’d LIKE to be creative but I’m not so my pumpkins just get the traditional face. Cain and Brooke do my pumpkins now though. :)
12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween? Quite a bit. I have several decorations but don’t go crazy. :)
13. What do you want on your Tombstone? Cheese with extra cheese? ;) Just kidding. They can write: “This must be a mistake.” :)
Happy Halloween, dear friends!